You may have noticed that we didn't include our favorite inserts and accessories on our holiday toy guides. We decided we need a separate guide because all of these goodies can be enjoyed by so many ages! If you haven't invested in a sensory table and plastic bins, we recommend the the following:
-Ikea (often out of stock)
-Creative Learning Co. (should be fully stocked Q1 2023)
Shop All Ages:
1. Art Easel: We love our art easel from Creative Learning Co. This insert has so much functionality. It includes pre-drilled holes for markers and has spots for paint containers. The acrylic is so fun for kids to paint on. Since it’s double-sided, two kids can enjoy at the same time. Mandy’s kids even put the boards flat on the table and paint or use chalk crayons on them.
2. Wooden Montessori Kit: Every sensory table needs a set of wooden bowls, lids, plates, and spoons. Kids will use these when playing with a variety of filler mediums. We love using wooden sets with rice, beans, corn, chickpeas, and sand.
3. Acrylic Letters: Acrylic letters are so much fun to use on a light board or to hide in a sensory table and let kids dig out. This set is from Creative Learning Co. You can create so many fun activities with acrylic letters.
4. Potion board: This potion insert from Creative Learning Co is a best seller and fan favorite for us! Kids love to pour their potions with these fun test tubes! We love filling with vinegar and baking soda! We even use food coloring and our kids go nuts! This insert is a must-have!
5. Potions: Little Lark makes potion creation easy with their pre-made potions. The potions are bio-degradable and are themed with positive affirmations! These potions are a total blast and don’t include artificial dyes or fragrances.
6. Cup board: If you can’t tell by now, we love Creative Learning Co! Thir cupboard is perfect for so many activities! Cups can hold small parts, tools, accessories, art supplies, dough, and so much more! If you are new to inserts, start with the potion and cup board.
7. Dough Kit: Dough just got a facelift! Mac Kids Kits has developed amazing dough themed kits! We love dough kits because they combine sensory and imaginative play. We were blown away with the perfectly curated accessories selected for each themed kit.
8. Resin Letter: CharsJars creates incredible resin toys! We are always blown away with what she comes up with! We highly recommend grabbing her resin letter set! Be sure to give her a follow because she is continually releasing new resin products!
9. Dough: Throw out Play Doh and get yourself some Doughsie Dough! These doughs are all natural and are amazing to the touch. Doughs are perfect for sensory play! Stock up on these! We promise you won’t be disappointed.
10. Resin Learning Kit: This sensory learning box is from Busy Littles! It includes so many different resin pieces, upper and lower case letters, numbers, shapes, learning cards, etc. There are so many ways you can use this learning box.
11. Pom Pom Push: This pom pom push, from Button and Bug, is my 2-year old's favorite sensory insert. Buy a bag of poms from your local craft store and watch in amazement as your little one size sorts with this acrylic board.
12. Kinetic Sand: Kinetic sand is one of our favorite sensory fillers. It's a little messy but easy to vacuum up and keep stored. It doesn't dry out like play-doh which means it lasts a lot longer!
13. Market Sensory Kit: Busy Littles has created an awesome market sensory kit that includes fruits, veggies, market cards, and accessories. This is a great kit to use in sensory play!
14. Letter Board: Pair your resin letters with this wooden letter board from the, Creative Learning Company. Perfect way to introduce your child to the alphabet in a unique and memorable way.
15. Mirror Board Insert: This mirrored insert is actually really unique! It can also be used for a wide variety of ages. Use it for tummy time with your little one on the ground, then use it as reflection and matching practice with your older child. This insert is from Creative Learning Co.
16. GIANT water beads: Our kids think this giant water beads are pure magic. You place them in water and they grow into giant, jelly, jiggling water beads. They bounce and are fun to touch. We recommend playing with these outside.
17. Assorted Poms: We love pom poms as a sensory medium. They can be used to sort colors, sizes, and are soft to the touch. Grab a bag of these at your local craft store or on Amazon!
18. Dream Sand: We have just recently been introduced to dream sand and it's addicting. It's like a soft, gritty, sand that is easy to mold and shape. Grab a few of these from Target and save them for your child's stocking this year.
19. Assorted Charms: These are slime charms from Amazon that our kiddos love to add into any sensory medium. We use this in rice, beans, confetti, play-doh, you name it. You can also buy different themed charms which is fun for the holidays.
20. Fine Motor Skills Tool Set: This is the perfect tool set to get started with sensory play. You can also use a variety of tools you already have at your home. Scoops, measuring cups, and spoons, make the perfect tools for sensory play.