Updated: Oct 13, 2022
Our favorite list to curate is for ages 2-4. This stage of life is filled with so much growth, exploration, and learning. The toys we have selected for this age group promote imaginative play, movement, and development. We hope your littles love these toys as much as our kids do!
Shop All Ages:
1. Baby Care Station: If you have a little who loves taking care of babies, this is your toy! It has a feeding, sleeping, and bathing/changing station. We love that it has so much storage so you can keep all of the baby accessories easily contained. There aren't many great baby care stations out there that include all of these elements.
2: Squigz: These are suction cups that can stick to almost any surface. Our kids love to stick on the mirror, windows, car windows, and sensory table. They make a fun popping sound for littles and they love sticking them together to make different creations. Squigz are made by Fat Brain Toys!
3. Rainbow Race Track: We love this rainbow race track because it easily snaps together. So, if you lose a piece, no big deal. Your kids can set up their race track and add their vehicles and watch them zoom. This track glows in the dark which is really fun for kids. Price point is excellent on this toy and it will make a big impact.
4: Wooden Arches and Tunnels: This is the perfect open-ended toy! Kids can incorporate with blocks and builds, train/car set ups, calico critters, and so much more. Having a few open-ended toys in your home allows kids to get creative and use their imaginations. This set is by Guide Craft.
5: Sarah's Silks Dress Ups: Sarah's Silks has created a large variety of silk dress ups and toys. We love this cape, crown, and soft sword set. If you have a kid who enjoys dress ups, grabbing a few items from Sarah's Silks will be a win. They offer wands, fairy wings, flower crowns, and so much more.
6: Jungle Animals Magna-Tiles: Magna-Tiles recently released these awesome animal themed kits. These would be great to pair with a light table or acrylic table insert. Some of our favorite animal sets include Safari, Artic, Farm, Dino, and Forest. These are perfect for littles because they get to build while including animals with play.
7: Grocery Store: Mandy has this in her toy room and the kids love. Melissa and Doug has done it again with this set. Kids can shop, scan items, ring up customers, and fill grocery bags. Because the grocery store has so many shelves and storage options, its great for holding all of your play food.
8: Ice Cream Counter: Fan favorite at both our homes! This toy is by Melissa and Doug. The ice cream counter is the perfect size for littles. They love to take orders and serve up creations from the menu or their imaginations. The quality of this toy is excellent and it will hold up.
9: Gem Sorting Boards: These beautiful sorting boards and gems are by Wild Pine Kids. Even though we have this toy slotted for the 2-4 age group, older kids can really enjoy too. Mandy's son, Charlie, who is 7 loves playing with rocket ship. These boards spark imaginative play and are also a soothing and calming toy. Save 15% with CODE: TOYTESTINGSISTERS
10: Train Set: If you aren't familiar with Brio trains, they are truly the best. They have so many different sets and add-on accessories. Train sets are a great gift because parents and grandparents can start off with a starter set and purchase different elements for upcoming birthdays and holidays. The set shown here is an excellent starter set. If you are local to Utah, visit Teton Toys and see the entire Brio collection.
11. Star Belly: These sweet stuffed animals come in a variety of characters and use light and projection to make any dark surface light up like the night sky. Projects glowing stars and shapes in 6 calming colors.
12. Magnet Tiles: These are the BEST knock off brand of magnetic building tiles we have ever found. They are far more affordable than the competitor but just as good. Find them on Amazon! This is the most played with toy at Mel's house.
13. Adventure Camper: Our kids recently got this toy and LOVE it. They prep the food and make deliveries from the window. It's also fun for them to pretend to drive it around the town. High quality and built to last from Step 2. This is from their signature collection of a more neutral color palate.
14. Cloud Swing: 25-Inch Colorful Inflatable Round Cloud Swing from Hearth Song Toys. The cover on this toy is soft and the colors coordinate well together. We have this hanging inside on our indoor swing hooks. Indoor or out, this toy is a winner.
15. LumiPets: This is the sweetest, softest night light to add to any toddlers room. It can change color by tapping and is soft enough to cuddle. It is USB rechargeable and also comes with a color changing remote. It also comes in a variety of characters to fit your child's interests.
16. Chasing Fireflies: This is such a fun and unique toy! These battery powered, plastic fireflies light up and are used to play hide and seek. Kids run about searching for the next firefly to add to their team jar and capture the magic of fireflies with their own two hands. My 2 and 4 year old play with this toy non-stop and have fun hiding and seeking for each color.
17. Pizza Station: Melissa and Doug make some of our favorite toys. They are quality and always crafted very well. This toy pizza kitchen is no exception. Our kids love adding toppings and playing pretend with this kit.
18. Rainbow Blocks: These heirloom quality blocks, made by Hello Sugar House, are beautiful and so unique. The acrylic tiles can be added as windows to create a unique colorful experience. More of an investment piece, but will be used by your kids for years. You can use our code TOYTESTING10 at checkout for 10% off your entire order!
19. 2 in 1 Tricycle: Hearthsong did such a good job of combining both a standard tricycle and a balance bike into one piece. It can be easily converted and used by a variety of ages. It also folds to store and can be carried by a handle on the seat.
20. Princess Dress-Up: The most gorgeous dress up we've come across. Our kids fight over this dress constantly because it really makes them feel like an actual princess. From our favorite boutique in Bountiful, UT. Over The Moon Boutique. Sign up for their email subscription to get 10% off your first purchase!