Today we got to share with the viewers of Good Things Utah some of our favorite tried and true toys that many parents and grandparents don't know about. We love all of these items because they aren't one hit wonders and can grow with the child. These toys can also be enjoyed by a variety of ages.
1. Stairslide: This toy is so unique and gets used by all ages. It turns an ordinary set of stairs into a literal stair slide. Stairslide is damage-free for your stairs, can be used on hardwood and carpeted stairs, and nests together for easy storage. It's also really easy to assemble and disassemble. You can also adjust the thrill level by creating a high or low impact slide. This toy will keep your kids entertained for HOURS. Mandy’s 6 year old can set this up without any help. You can save 10% on a Stairslide by using the code TOYTESTING10.
2. Creative Learning Co.: If you are into sensory and open-ended-play, these toys are for you. All of their products fit inside an IKEA Trofast bin. We love that you don’t need a large area to create an incredible play space. Here are some of our favs from their product line.
Pro Tip! Check your local IKEA and see if they have the FLISAT table in stock. If they do, grab two! These don't stay in stock. If they are out of stock in your area, sign up for an in-stock reminder.
Art easel: The board has pre-drilled holes for markers or colored pencils. It also includes placement for paint containers. The acrylic easel can be painted on directly or paper can be added and two kids can create at the same time. The coloring book paper we love to use on the easel is from Red Butterfly art.
Potion board: Excellent for science experiments and filling with sensory materials.
Cup board: Fill with paint, rice, small pieces, beans, and liquid. The little scoop is great for transferring dry material and the droppers are perfect for liquid.
3. GloPals: These are really fun to use in a sensory table or in the bath. You buy these little “pals” and insert the cubes in the back of the character. They are water activated, and light up once they are placed in the water. These are super fun bath toys and your collection of characters can grow with your child.
4. Sarah’s Silks: Don’t ask us how many we have! These silks are beautiful and can be used in so many ways! They also come in a variety of sizes, colors, and designs. Our kids love to put in the water, play dress-up, build forts, and fly in the sky. If you want to add silks to your playroom, start by purchasing a few of the classic sized silks and either a giant or double silk.
5. BluTrack: We can’t stand car tracks that require so many pieces and are usually pre-designed. This 18ft track can be laid out the way you want. My kids love racing down the stairs or using the window attachment. I love that they can experiment with different track options and use their imagination. The track rolls up for easy storage.
6. Airfort: This fort is awesome because it blows up in a matter of seconds and stores in a small pouch—no poles or having to designate a large space for this toy. Kids just lift up to enter! So much open-ended fun with the Airfort. All you need is a box fan to start using the Airfort. There are so many designs to pick from. Mel has pink and I have the starry night fort.